Saturday 22 December 2012

Why Read This Site?

Hey Reader,

There's a lot of information out there and I'd just like to talk to you a bit why you should or shouldn't hear it off me. I say "shouldn't" as maybe this site isn't for you. That's a decision for you.

Basically what sets me apart from other sites is that I write it as I feel it.

I've been through a lot of harsh depression, suicidal thoughts, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Agoraphobia, I'm fighting General Anxiety Disorder (I'm doing well), I have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.. and a few more but you get the point.

I've grown up around mental illness and different disorders. I understand a lot and I don't judge.

I am not a Doctor, but I am a human. And sometimes that's what you need.

When I write, I write from experience. This means I won't give you a bunch of BS answers and suggestions when I know damn well they're useless. I write to you with the same suggestions and recommendations I'd give to myself, my mother or my best friend.

I don't simply read from a book and recite it to you. I blend research and my experiences and I share that with you.

I don't see you as a bunch of symptoms. I see you as a person who's suffering from symptoms.

I write with so much care and compassion, because I am reminded every day by the pain I see people close to me suffer, that to be there for some one suffering depression is just so, so, so important.

I know I can't be there for every person on the planet. I know I can't be there any time any reader needs it.

But I know I can share my care with all my heart and soul with my words and hope that it reaches you and comforts you knowing that people out there DO understand.

If you feel you need more than this site can give you, then I whole-heartedly recommend paying a visit to a trusted doctor and building up a network of people you can relate to.

I know you may despise seeing doctors, whether it feels anywhere from shameful to useless, but it has helped me.

If you feel there's no one suitable in your life you can relate to, then consider an online community of people facing the same issues as you.

I hope that has given you a bit of insight as into the ideas behind this site and it'd be great if you stick around.

No comments:

Post a Comment